Friday, June 29, 2007

Universal tweens

While in London, I visited a family in Hammersmith Barnes: 11-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister--lovely, sociable kids living with a single Anglo-Guyanese mother.

They were perfect tweens. The boy loved his Wii, the Simpsons, soccer stars, and Playstation.The girl loved her iPod, Ashlee Simpson, Brittany Spears, Jamelia and Hannah Montana.

I offered them an Edgar & Ellen "Rare Beasts" Book. The boy's eyes lighted up. "I LOVE them!" He said. He had found Edgar & Ellen's "Under Town" and "High Wire" in his school library.

Now I'm crossing my fingers that Edgar joins Bart in his heart. And that his mainstream tastes predict that the twins will catch the big tween wave.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff, Heidi, & Savannah said...

Hi Colleen,

I came across your blog and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jeff Cooley and I have recently started a website for parents and tweens called MyTweenCentral.com. The vision is to provide an online safe haven of mom-approved tween entertainment.

I would love for you to visit the site and hear any feedback you might have. Thanks and have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Cooley
MyTweenCentral.com

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home